Where The Lost Things Go is a 'practically perfect' Lent course for small group study - or for reading on one's own - based on the popular film Mary Poppins Returns. Poet and minister Lucy Berry skilfully draws out some of the themes of the Oscar-nominated movie (which stars Emily Blunt, Ben Whishaw and Lin-Manuel Miranda) and shows how we can consider them more deeply alongside passages from the Bible.
The course is based around five weekly sessions, entitled:
* Were we dreaming? Belief and unbelief
* This can't be happening! Loss, denial and acceptance
* The Banks children? Or the Bank's children?
* Lost people, being found: Fogs and the wilderness
* Light! A seriously heavy symbol
Each session includes suggested clips from the film, as well as discussion questions, Bible readings and closing prayers. There are detailed notes, advice and additional questions for leaders to help them plan an enriching group study in which all group members can feel accepted and involved. And the book contains an additional section for those who wish to make a deeper study of Mary Poppins Returns' songs.